Updated: Mar 31
If you’re feeling a bit stir crazy due to the current pandemic, get into your kitchen and bake up a batch of cookies!
The ingredients in our Snickerdoodles are items we all typically have in our pantry. Oh wait! Maybe everyone doesn’t have cream of tartar as a staple in their kitchen.
If you don’t have cream of tartar, don’t panic! Baking powder is your next best choice. Most baking powders are made of a ratio of 2:1 cream of tartar to baking soda. You can use one teaspoon of baking powder to replace 2/3 teaspoon of cream of tartar and 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda. Let’s get to the recipe!
· 1 cup butter (2 sticks at room temperature)
· 1 ½ cup white sugar
· 2 eggs
· 2 ¾ cups flour
· 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· Optional: 1 cup crushed honey roasted pecans
· ¼ cup sugar
· 4 teaspoons cinnamon
· 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sift flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt together.
3. Beat the butter, sugar and eggs in your stand mixer.
4. Blend in the dry ingredients and optional crushed honey roasted pecans.
5. Shape dough into balls. NOTE: Use a small cookie scoop for perfect size!
6. Mix the melted butter, cinnamon and sugar together. When you add butter to the coating mixture you get an extra crunch to the outside of your cookie!
7. Roll the cookie balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
8. Place two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set.
10. Remove from baking sheet immediately.